Get Help Through Legal Aid
Our Housing Advice Centre provides specialist legal advice for those on low incomes and who are eligible for legal aid. You must be financially eligible for legal aid and need help with one of the following issues:
- Disrepair and poor living conditions which pose health & safety risks to you or your family
- Your landlord has started court proceedings to get possession of your home or has applied to the court for an eviction date
- Your landlord has illegally evicted you or you need to apply to the court for an injunction to stop your landlord or somebody else harassing you in your home
- You are homeless and have wrongly been refused help by the council
If your problem is outside these issues or your income is not below the Legal Aid threshold we recommend you to seek advice from our sister service, Renters Legal.
How it works
- Tell us about your issue using the online form.
- An advice assistant will help you lay out your issues, collate all the necessary documents and assess your eligibility for legal aid.
- A caseworker will work with you and our legal team to resolve your issues.